Summer is almost over (over for me on Wednesday) so I find myself reminiscing (sp?) on good old summer times. Lizzie and I spent A LOT of time playing in the back yard. She loves to just wander around, try to catch bugs, pick up rocks, eat rocks, eat dirt, throw rocks, watch Macey run, try to play with the sprinklers and run away without getting wet (failing about half the time), playing in the kiddie pool, helping me water the garden and more!
Remember the time when the neighbor dogs ran up to the fence barking like wild animals and I thought Lizzie was going to freak out, but she just walked right up, waved to the dogs and said "Dog! Hi!".
Oh, and the first time she saw a sprinkler and she walked up to it and it sprayed her in the face, she ran to me crying, and after about 5 seconds of being comforted, she went right back to the sprinkler to get sprayed again.
And remember how at the beginning of the summer, she was kind of afraid of Macey and cried if she licked her or brushed up against her and now she chases her down to pet her and giggles when she licks her face.
Good times, good times.
It was great being able to spend so much time with her this summer. Last summer I was trying to get her to roll over and crawl and this summer she was walking and running all over the place being a big, no-longer-a-baby girl.
My family is awesome, just so you know. Allen is super hard-working and fun. He's about the funnest daddy a little girl could ask for. Once he gets home she lights up and giggles almost non stop. Lizzie is a silly, happy, funny, sweet little girl. It makes me feel like I'm something special because I get to be her mom. I'm sad I won't get to spend as much time with her starting this week, but at least we had some grand old summer times. :)
She's so cute! You sound so nostalgic... I'm sure coming to visit me will take care of everything!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I love summer when it starts, but I'm ready for it to end. It gets too hot and I run out of things to do, places to go. I'm glad you had such a fun summer!
ReplyDelete