Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sooo....

I uploaded a lot of pictures! Why? Because I can, I suppose. They are random and not necessarily in order, but they are cute.

On Easter, I had a friend come over to take Easter pictures of the girls.

Elizabeth was in a silly mood that day, so we couldn't get a normal pose or a normal smile, so I ended up with a lot of pictures like this:
 Allison was much more cooperative, but she was in a tongue phase, so it was impossible to get pictures of her without her tongue sticking out. Which is okay, because she still looked super cute.
 She was not very patient during her sister's photo shoot...
 Elizabeth is such a big girl! She is really good at playing independently, although she definitely prefers playing with mom and dad. She still LOVES to play outside. It has been her favorite thing since she was a baby.
 On Easter, I made special pancakes. Liz LOVES pancakes, and she loves colors, so we made Easter pastel-colored pancakes. She, of course, had to help. She's actually a pretty good helper. She can pour things in without making a mess and she is getting very good at stirring. More than anything, I think she likes being allowed to sit on the counter.
 We had an Easter egg hunt at my sister's house. As you can see, Liz got a pretty good haul. This is about halfway through. By the time it was over, her basket was overflowing and my jacket pockets were full too.
 Thanks to the seamstress skills of my mother in law (thanks Katrina!) Elizabeth has a SUPERHERO cape! She is Super Lizzy and she runs around like a super girl. While the cape is on, she pretty much stays in character, running around the house and "saving" us if we need any help. The other day she had the cape on and she kept running in and "saving" Allison from getting into things she's not supposed to.
 Allison has been pretty mobile for a couple months now. Up until recently, she didn't crawl, but would roll over and scoot in order to get what she wanted. She is a face maker. Just like her sister.
 Lizzy loves to dress up and pretend and make faces. Here she is a mean pirate.
 Allison is an excellent eater. She still eats baby food, but we've started her on some solid foods. She can demolish a roll pretty quickly.  She is also quite fond of bananas and strawberries. And yogurt! (I know that's not a solid food, but she loves it.)
 Here's more evidence of Liz loving to play outside. Here is a view of about a third of our backyard (the back fence is about ten feet behind that pile of grass in the background). She loves to run around back there. Especially if she is chasing butterflies or being chased by Allen or me.
 A while ago, we went to the circus. I accidentally left my camera in the car, so I don't have any circus pictures (except on my phone-I have an awesome one of Liz riding an elephant-which she still talks about) so I took one in the car. The face paint and the over-priced dolphin are our proof of circus fun.
 This is Allison wearing one of my favorite outfits Lizzy had. Liz rocked it with pink tights, but Liz was this age in the fall. It was too warm for tights this day. Check out those chunky thighs!
 Lizzy is going to be in a ballet camp next week, so I had to get her some ballet attire. She was so excited, she had to put it on right away. And I put her hair up in buns so she would look like a true ballerina. I didn't take a picture of that, but I took this picture the next morning, so the buns are nice and messy. She already has some ballerina moves. If you ask her to do it, she does a quick little spin or jumps in the air. Sometimes both.
 Allen taught Elizabeth how to work the camera, so Liz snapped this photo of Allison participating in one of her favorite activities: messing up my clean laundry.
 Elizabeth got her FIRST haircut last week. Yes, my daughter didn't get a hair cut until now. Yes, she is over three. I had planned to give her a haircut when she was a year old, but her hair wasn't very long, and by the time her hair was long enough to cut, I liked the way it looked, and I didn't want to. Her hair is so curly, it scrunches up about three inches shorter than it really is, so I wanted to wait until it was long enough to still be long when curly.
 Liz is quite the daddy's girl. (She's a mommy's girl too, but if daddy's home, and especially if he's doing something outside, she's a daddy's girl.) Allen was making a garden spot with a friend's tractor, and Liz had to help. She had a grin on her face the whole time. About 30 seconds after I took this picture she said, "Daddy. I am getting sleepy. I need to go ni-night."
 My kids are so cute.
Exhibit A.
 Elizabeth has always been an active sleeper. Whenever I check on her at night, she is usually in some weird position and/or location in her bed.
 Allison likes to be tickled. That is what is going on in this picture. But it looks like she is rocking out to some heavy metal or something. She's not.

1 comment:

  1. look like fun times. for the record, I think Allison IS rocking out to heavy metal and you're just trying to cover it up.

    ReplyDelete