Allison will be 6 months old on Monday! Time has been passing so quickly. I found a 0-3 month onesie in the bottom of the diaper bag the other day, and it was so freaky to think that she was that small just a short time ago. Allison is definitely a very good baby. She doesn't fuss too much. (I am probably jinxing it right now... She fusses plenty!) She has been eating solid foods for a couple weeks, and she has gotten pretty good at it. I would say 95% actually gets eaten, which is pretty darn good if you ask me.
Allison has had the ability to sleep consistently through the night since she was about 2 months old. She just chooses not to exercise that talent all the time. She goes in spurts. She was sleeping through the night until I went back to work. Then she stopped. After a couple weeks, she was sleeping through the night again, but then I told someone that she was consistently sleeping through the night, so she stopped. She was sleeping through the night until I had my surgery, then she stopped for about a week. She is back to sleeping through the night every night, so we'll see how long that lasts. I know it sounds crazy, but my kids seem to have a sixth sense for when I am counting on them to do something or when I have bragged about them doing something. Because once one of those things happen, they stop.
I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but Allison has a section of hair that is long enough to put in a pony. Or in this case, to wear a crown attached to a comb.
In the last few days, Allison has gotten pretty good at sitting up. I think it helps that she has been practicing in toys such as this. She can sit by herself for anywhere from 3 seconds to 2 minutes. I still sit close by her to catch her when she topples over, but I don't have to save her nearly as much as I did a couple weeks ago. She has also started showing interest in particular toys. If I put her on the floor and spread six different toys around her, she will turn herself to go after a particular one. She is not totally in control of her movement, however. I have had to save her during tummy time a couple times because she backs herself up against the couch or she rolls into her toy box and can't figure out how to get away from it.
This is not a picture of Allison. I took this today to illustrate how curly Lizzy's hair gets. This is after a bath and with me doing absolutely nothing to it. It's mostly ringlets on the bottom and farther up her head it gets less curly and more wavy/frizzy.
Elizabeth has been doing great also. (I should talk about her too, right.) She is an excellent helper with her sister. She talks to and plays with Allison when I am trying to get things done. Allison absolutely LOVES her big sister. Liz can make Ali laugh easier than anyone else can. She makes faces and sings her songs, and Allison adores every minute of it.
Liz had her 3 year check up the other day. She was in about the 85th percentile for height, and I think the 60th or so percentile for weight, and the 50th percentil for BMI. Doc says she is going to be a tall girl. That makes me happy because I am NOT tall for a girl, and when I married my tall husband, I was hoping it would help give my kids more hope for height.
She ended up having to get a shot, and I prepared her for it in advance. I told her that the nurse would use a needle to put medicine inside her body and that it would sting. I told her it was okay for her to cry but she didn't need to, that she could just say, "Ow! That hurts." When she got the shot, she got kind of a shocked face and looked at me with a "What the heck, mom!" kind of look on her face, but she just flinched a bit and said, "Owee." And that was it. I was so proud of her, and she was proud of herself. She talked about it for the rest of the day. "I got a shot, and I didn't cry. I just said 'Owee'. I'm a big girl. I didn't cry."
I have a lot of fun with her. I've been home the last couple days for Spring Break, so I have been able to spend more time with my girls and it has been great. Liz and I listen to the Tangled soundtrack probably 5 times a day, and certain songs prompt some pretty awesome dance parties. She is so grown up, it is crazy. She is a little negotiator. She has certain things that she definitely knows how to work us over on.
"I need three cheese because I'm three."
"I went pee pee and poo poo in the potty so I get to watch a show." Oh really?
I will voluntarily give her something or let her do something, and she gloats about it. "See mom. I told you I wanted to take a bath."
Me: "Lizzy, don't jump on the couch." Her: "Okay. But I can walk on it, okay? I will just walk on it."
She has even learned to do the head cocked to one side, hands curled under her chin, batting eyelashes, "Pleease, can I..."
I know I am being played, but it is so cute. I don't always give in. But sometimes I sure do. And when I don't give in, it is really hard to stand firm with a straight face.
No comments:
Post a Comment