Thursday, May 13, 2010

House

We officially are homeowners. We bought a cute little house in Florence. A cute little town where I work. It's only about 20 minutes away from Allen's work, so it's not too inconvenient for him, and being farther away from the city makes it so we can get more land fofr the money so not only do we have a house, but we have an acre to go along with it. We're really excited to have a place of our own. Lizzie and Macey love having a yard. We waited about a week to move in after we closed because we had some work to do.

The bedroom that we had designated for Elizabeth's room looked like this. There was a teenage girl in the room before and this was appropriately decorated I suppose. But not really what I had in mind for my little girl, so we repainted it purple. It would make sense for me to have an after picture, but I haven't gotten around to taking it, so you'll have to wait.


This was the scheme in the master bedroom. Kind of cute, but not really our style. Especially for Allen. He's far too manly to tolerate flowers and leaves on the wall. So it took about a week of painting after work and staying up into the night painting primer and a couple coats of paint to get rid of this stuff and make it feel like our own. We painted our room a warm green color. It's taken some getting used to because it's not really a subtle, neutral color, but it's fun, and we figure we're only going to be young enough to pull off "modern" decor for a little while longer, so why the heck not.
Lizzie is having a lot of fun in her new house and being a big girl. She has been walking for over a month now and she gets around and gets into everything. One of her new favorite things is putting things on her head. She is a funny little kid.


Holy cow, that's a good looking kid. I know she's mine, so I'm extremely biased. But even if she wasn't mine, I would admire the cuteness of this child. Every day she looks like someone else. Lately, she looks like Allen's mom a lot. When she laughs so hard her face gets all red, she looks like her daddy. But I've been getting a lot of compliments lately on how she looks just like me. Which I have a hard time believing, but I love it. So whether it's true or not, I'll take it. She still loves taking baths. She can say "bath" now (although her version is "baat"), so sometimes she'll wander into the bathroom and try to climb into the room and say "baat, baat".

Another obsession for Lizzie is cellphones. I tried to avoid it for as long as I could. She has numerous toy phones and we pretend like remotes and other things are phones. I tried to distract her with things with buttons that also make noise, but she has an intense love of cell phones. She loves to take mine and walk around and say "hi". Also, she'll say "da da da" a lot because that is usually who she talks to on the phone. She also is very good at pushing just the right buttons to call people I haven't talked to in a long time like cousins and families from previous places we have lived. So it's kind of nice for helping me connect to people again. She's so helpful.


Some time I'll have to put on more pictures of house and yard and stuff. Don't want to give too much away though. Can't have you stalking me............









1 comment: