Saturday, May 29, 2010

More House

This here's the front of my house. We've got some work to do with the landscaping, it's a bit out of control in the flower beds, and we have some painting to do. But that's a fresh roof on top. That's good for 30 years, folks.
Here's part of our back yard. We haven't decided what we're going to keep. That's a little pond thing on the right. We really like it. It has fishies and everything, but it's not safe for a little girl. If we keep it, we're going to put up some kind of fence around it. We'll see...
Here's a view out the front door. That's a Montana sky, my friend.


And finally, here is an after picture of Lizzie's room. That's a couple different shades of purple. This picture is showing them up different than they look in real life.


This is the window from our family. That's my pretty yard. Lizzie likes to stand on that bench and watch birdies and she really likes to get up there when Allen is out working in the yard. He was working in the yard most of the day today and she kept climbing up there and laughing and giggling and trying to talk to him and waving at him. She LOVES her daddy. Sometimes it makes me sad because I thought I was going to get to be her favorite for longer, but it makes me happy that she's a daddy's girl too. But I know I'm still pretty important to her because if she doesn't feel good or gets hurt, she wants her mommy. And there are some games and things that I do that daddy doesn't, so sometimes I get to be her favorite.
We love love love our house. It's fun for us to talk about what we're going to do to the house and the yard, and it is nice to know that we are going to be in one place for a while. We'll bring our next baby home to this house. (No! I am not pregnant!!!!) Lizzie will run around the yard this summer. (She had her first sprinkler experience today. She liked the sprinkler from far away and walked toward it; then it sprayed her in the face. Then she cried and ran to mama. It's hard not to laugh at her when she does things like that. She's upset, so I don't want to laugh at her, but it's just funny.) She'll learn to ride a tricycle and a bicycle here. She'll probably have her first day of school picture in front of this house. We're going to have Christmases and birthdays and barbeques and dinners and playdates and all sorts of fun things at OUR HOUSE!!!! It's nice to finally have a home.




1 comment:

  1. looks like it's coming together well! Hopefully that's fun for Allen to be able to help design your landscape...

    ReplyDelete